Here you can find information about the Arctic and Antarctica for your school work. We will answer your questions about anything related to polar research or the polar regions, send brochures and we welcome visiting school classes. For questions or to order material, send us an e-mail.
Many resources around the Norwegian polar history, including biographies and texts about expeditions, sealing and whaling, as well as everyday life on Svalbard canbe found in this website.
- Polaria – school pages
- Nordnorsk Vitensenter – educational resources
- Utstillinga «Snowhow. Polarheltenes læremestre: Inuitter, samer og ishavsfolk» i den gamle ishavsskuta Polstjerna
- The new Arctic
- The Nansen-Amundsen-Year 2011 – about Fridtjof Nansen og Roald Amundsen
- The Sout Pole Expedition – The Centenary Expedition shared historical and popular scientific reflections about Antarctica as well as discussed the importance these regions will have for the future – to understand changes in global climate.
- Ice Fimbul school – School project about climate science where studnets followed the reserearcher's work on the ice shelf in Antarctica and participated with practical exercises in science.