Programme leader, Svalbard programme
Dr Harald Steen is leader for the Norwegian Polar Institute's centre for Ice, Climate and Ecosystems (ICE). Harald has worked as deputy research director and leader for ICE Ecosystems.
- 1/1-91 1/1-95 Ph.D. stipend Univ. of Oslo (UIO), Norway
- 1/1-95 - 31/6-95 Researcher NINA- Dept. of Arctic biology (NINA), Tromsø, Norway
- 8-10-95 - 31-7-96. Assistant professor (stand in) Zoological Institute, Univ. of Trondheim (NTNU), Norway.
- 31-7-96 – 14 Feb 98. Post doc. stipend Norwegian Science Foundation to stay and work with Prof. C. Krebs, Univ. of British Columbia (UBC), Vancouver, Canada.
- 14 Feb 1998 to 14 Feb. 2001. Director of Wildlife Management Diploma (post graduate) and lecturer at the Department of Zoology, University of Otago, New Zealand.
- 15 Feb. 2001 Assistant professor at the Department of Biology, Div. Of Zoology. University of Oslo. Director of Finse Alpine Research Station.
- 15 Oct. 2003 – June 2005 Professor in zoology, University of Oslo.
- June 2005 to present. Seabird ecologist, Norwegian Polar Institute
Areas of interest and expertise
Population dynamics, foraging ecology, mark-recapture.