- Long term monitoring of the polar bears in and around Svalbard, using capture-recapture.
- Since 2003: Research scientist on polar bears at the Norwegian Polar Institute, Tromsø. Division for Ecology.
- 2000-2002: NERC research fellow at Aberdeen university. Population genetics and demography of water voles.
- 1998-2000: Marie Curie EU research fellow at Aberdeen university. Population genetics and demography of water voles.
- June 1998: PhD in Ecology at University of Oslo, Norway: “Demography and genetics in spatially structured vole populations”.
- 1993-1994: Teacher in natural science at Fagerborg high school, Oslo, Norway.
- June 1993: Master in ecology, on the subject of sex ratio allocation in root vole females.
Areas of interest and expertise
Population demography and population genetics of animal populations. Ecological processes and evolution.