- 2014– now: Postdoctoral researcher at NPI, Tromsø, Norway.
- 2013–2014: Fellow of University of Hamburg's Young Researcher Initiative.
- 2008–2012: PhD Student at University Hamburg, Germany. Studies on detecting melt ponds on Arctic sea ice with satellite data.
- 2007: Employed at Umweltbundesamt (UBA), GAW station Schneefernerhaus, Zugspitze, Germany. Measuring aerosols and greenhouse gases.
- 2005–2007: Employed at Alfred-Wegener-Institute (AWI), Germany. Member of the wintering team on Neumayer Station, Antarctica.
- 2002–2005: Employed at European Space Imaging GmbH, Munich, Germany.
- 1995–2002: Diploma studies on physical Geography, remote sensing and applied Meteorology at the Ludwig-Maximilians University, Munich, Germany.