- Long term monitoring of the polar bears in and around Svalbard, using capture-recapture.
- Since 2003: Research scientist on polar bears at the Norwegian Polar Institute, Tromsø. Division for Ecology.
- 2000-2002: NERC research fellow at Aberdeen university. Population genetics and demography of water voles.
- 1998-2000: Marie Curie EU research fellow at Aberdeen university. Population genetics and demography of water voles.
- June 1998: PhD in Ecology at University of Oslo, Norway: “Demography and genetics in spatially structured vole populations”.
- 1993-1994: Teacher in natural science at Fagerborg high school, Oslo, Norway.
- June 1993: Master in ecology, on the subject of sex ratio allocation in root vole females.
Interesser og spesialfelt
Population demography and population genetics of animal populations. Ecological processes and evolution.