Laura de Steur
- The Fram Strait Arctic Outflow Observatory: monitoring the freshwater transport from the Arctic Ocean with a high-resolution mooring array since the 1990s
Overturning in the Subpolar North Atlantic Program (OSNAP).
See short film:
Go with the flow of the North Atlantic Ocean
North Atlantic Climate (NACLIM): Predictability
of the climate in the North Atlantic/European sector related to North Atlantic / Arctic Ocean sea
surface temperature and sea ice variability and change.
Financed by the European Commission through the 7th Framework Programme for Research, Theme 6
Environment, Grant Agreement 308299.
See short video:
What we need to find out
- 2014: Oceanic Response, Controls and Attribution: west Greenland fjord circulation and accelerating glaciers (ORCA) (Financed by EUROFLEETS )
- 2011–2012: The Kögur project
- 2014–present: Research position, physical oceanography, at the Norwegian Polar Institute. For 25% affiliated with the Netherlands Institute for Sea Research (NIOZ).
- 2010–2014: Tenure-track position in physical oceanography at the Netherlands Institute for Sea Research (NIOZ)
- January – March 2009: Visiting scientist at Polar Science Center, Applied Physics Laboratory, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
- 2007 – 2010: Postdoc position. Norwegian Polar Institute, Tromsø, Norway
- August – December 2006: Postdoctoral research associate. Polar Science Center, Applied Physics Laboratory, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
- July 2005 – June 2006: Postdoctoral research associate. Courant Institute for Mathematical Sciences, New York University, New York, USA
- 2005: Ph.D Physical Oceanography, Institute for Marine and Atmospheric research Utrecht (IMAU), University of Utrecht, The Netherlands
Interesser og spesialfelt
- Physical oceanography at high latitudes
- Arctic Ocean freshwater fluxes
- The subpolar gyre and the AMOC
- Ocean–ice sheet interaction
- Mesoscale oceanic vortices
- Flow–topography interaction