- Fram Centre Project “Long-term variability and trends in the Atlantic Water inflow region”.
- ICE-Fluxes Project of the Norwegian Polar Institute's Centre for Ice, Climate and Ecosystems (ICE).
- Longterm monitoring of fast ice thickness and distribution in Kongsfjorden (NPI)
- Sea ice thickness at Hopen, Barents Sea (NPI).
- Since 1999: Research scientist at the Norwegian Polar Institute, Tromsø, Norway.
- 1988–1998: Research scientist at the Arctic and Antarctic Research Institute, St.Petersburg, Russia.
Completed Research Projects:
- 2007–2010: IPY Project “Norwegian Component of the Ecosystem Studies of Subarctic and Arctic Regions (NESSAR)”.
- 2007–2009: IPY Project “Long-term Sea Level Variability in the Nordic Seas (LEVANS)”.
- 2007: StatoilHydro Project “Sea ice data for the Greenland and Barents Seas”.
- 2004–2007: Sea Ice Monitoring in the Polar Regions (ICEMON).
- 2006–2007: ACIA project “Sea Ice Extent from satellite–database and tool”.
- 2004–2006: RCN Project, Programme Polar Klimaforskning “Carbon flux and ecosystem feed back in the northern Barents Sea in an era of climate change (Cabanera)”.
- 2002–2005: RCN Project, Programme Arktøk, “On Thin Ice? Climate influence on Energy Flow and Trophic Structure in Arctic Marine Ecosystems”.
- 2003–2005: RCN Project, Programme Arktøk, “Climate impacts on the population ecology of ringed seals (Phoca hispida) and polar bears (Ursus Maritimus) at Svalbard”.
- 2005: Statoil Pilot Project “Sea Icebergs in the Barents Sea Marine Environment (ICEBARS)”, Statoil-NPI.
- 2003–2005: RCN Project “Climatic interactions between the ocean, sea-ice and the atmosphere in the Barents Sea region over the past 150 years”.
- 2000–2003: EU Project “Greenland Sea Convection Mechanisms And Their Implications (CONVECTION)”.
- 2002: NPI Project “Simulation of the transport of contaminated ice and water in the Arctic Ocean and Northern Seas”. Transport and Fate of Contaminants in the Northern Seas Programme, Phase 2.
- 2001: NPI Project “Sea ice concentration off Dronning Maud Land, Antarctica”. Project was undertaken by the NPI for the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (“Oljedirektoratet”).
- 2000–2001: SAGA Project, Barents Sea Production Licenses 182, 225 and 228 (Norsk Hydro, Statoil, Agip, Chevron, Neste, Enterprise, SDØE).
- 1999–2000: Transport and Fate of Contaminants in the Northern Seas Programme, Phase 1.
Interesser og spesialfelt
- Sea ice and climate research with focus on the Arctic, especially Fram Strait, Svalbard and Barents Sea.
- Sea ice concentration and sea ice drift investigations.