Glaciologist with main interests in recent climate history in both the Arctic and Antarctic using ice cores. Also involved in organic contaminant pollution studies in snow and ice from Svalbard. Partner in EPICA (European Project for Ice Coring in Antarctica) 1996-2004 and EPICA-MIS 2004-2007.
Norwegian Research Council:
- Svalbard ice cores and climate variability
- Holocene Antarctic climate variability from ice and marine sediment cores
- Characterisation of nuclear weapons fallout over Norwegian Territories (Together with Norwegian University of Life Sciences (UMB))
- Norwegian-United States IPY Scientific Traverse: Climate Variability and Glaciology in East Antarctica
- 2004-2007 EPICA-MIS
- 2006-2009 Millennium
- Research position as Glaciologist at The Norwegian Polar Institute February 1995-
- Research assistant, Stockholm University, Antarctic projects, Oct. 1988-feb. 1995
- Ph.D., Stockholm University, September 1994. Titel: Climate records from shallow firn cores, Dronning Maud Land, Antarctica.
- M. of Sc., University of Maine, USA, 1991.
- Fil. Lic. Stockholm University, Sweden, 1991.
- B. Sc. Geovetarlinjen, Umeå University, Sweden, 1986.