Mats A. Granskog
- N-ICE 2015 (Norwegian Young sea ICE cruise, chief scientist)
- ICE-ARC (EU FP7, 2014-2017)
- STASIS - (FRINATEK programme, Norwegian Research Council, 2013-2017)
- CDOM-Heat - Norwegian-Polish Research Fund (2013-2017)
- SWIPA (Snow, Water, Ice and Permafrost in the Arctic). The Arctic Council's Project on Climate Change and the Arctic Cryosphere
- FRINAT- Arctic sea ice (FRINAT programme, Norwegian Research Council, 2010-2013)
- ACCESS (Arctic Climate Change, Economy and Society, EU FP7 project)
- EarthClim (Integrated Earth System Approach to Explore Natural Variability and Climate Sensitivity, Norwegian Research Council project, NORKLIMA programme)
- POLRES-SeaIce (NOR-USA collaborative project, Norwegian Research Council
- POLRES-Marine (NOR-RUS collaborative project, Norwegian Research Council, PI S Falk Pedersen)
- AMORA - (NOR-CHN collaborative project, Norwegian Research Council, PI S. Gerland)
- Interice 4 - Sea ice tank experiment in Hamburg Schiffbau Versuchsanstalt (HSVA) - Arctic Environmental Test Basin (PI David Thomas, Bangor University, UK)
- Sea Ice Physics and Ecosystems eXperiment (SIPEX) - IPY expedition to East Antarctica
- Arctic Net (Canada) - work in the Hudson Bay region, oceanography and sea ice, especially CDOM and freshwater impacts.
Interesser og spesialfelt
Sea ice physics-biology-chemistry coupling. Oceanography in ice covered seas, especially arctic and subarctic waters with strong influence from terrestrial runoff. Marine optics, with application to influence of CDOM in sea ice and polar waters. Assessing the flux of carbon and freshwater in Arctic outflow in Fram Strait.
Areas of interest include Arctic and marginal seas, Baltic Sea, Sea of Okhotsk, Hudson Bay the Antarctic sea ice zone.