12:00 – 13:00 Lunch
13:00 – 13:15 Welcome, agenda, logistics, latest news (flagship chair: Radovan Krejci)
13:15 – 13:30 Metrology, calibrations and traceability of climatological observations (Andrea Merlone)
13:30 – 13:45 Impact of rocket launch on snowpack in Ny Ålesund (Andrea Spolaor)
13:45 – 14:00 Precipitation and snow monitoring at Ny Ålesund (Hans-Werner Jacobi)
14:00 – 14:15 New Norwegian airborne research facility (Ida Marie Larsen)
14:15 – 14:30 Albedo observations using drone at Esmark and Aldegonda glaciers (Boris Ivanov)
14:30 – 14:45 Atmospheric transport and deposition of emerging organic contaminants in the Arctic (Zhiyong Xie)
14:45 – 15:00 New pollutants in Arctic air: Focus on CEACs and Plastics (Roland Kallenborn)
15:00 – 15:15 UV radiation network (Vito Vitale)
15:15 – 15:45 Coffee break
Discussions (15:45 – dinner)
Items to be discussed:
- Links between ground based and airborne observations including panned and past campaigns involving drones, UAVs, tethered balloons
- Links and use of remote sensing and in-situ data (lidars, radars, platforms and Ny-Ålesund and Zeppelin Observatory) for atmospheric composition and boundary layer research
- New ”snow supersite” close to Gruvebadet and links with atmospheric observations & what we have learned from rocket launch
- Development of Gruvebadet as open access ”Ny Ålesund atmospheric laboratory”
- Ny-Ålesund & MOSAiC – intensive IOP 2019 – 2020
- Emerging pollutants & microplastics – continuation of discussion if needed
- Future of the Atmospheric flagship (on-site integration, join analysis of 2019-2020 IOP, Atmosphere Flagship workshop 2021, flagships integration and joint application to SSG, intensive ”summer school” under umbrella of Flagship program).
19:00 Flagship common dinner at Scandic Fornebu Restaurant
The venue will be at the Scandic Hotel at Fornebu, Oslo, Norway. This is the same venue as for the Svalbard Science Conference.
The meeting is free of charge and include coffee breaks, lunches and a workshop common dinner.
We also have the possibility to support those who need it with limited travel fund. Please be in contact with Christina at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
The online registration is closed. If you would like to participate, please contact Christina at email@example.com.
More flagship activities
The flagship is also sponsoring two workshops on more specific topics:
- Flagship workshop on metrology (7 November)
(Venue: Scandic Fornebu, Oslo) Responsible: A. Merlone (CNR).
First Circular (PDF 0,2 MB)
- Flagship workshop on black carbon ( 7-8 November)
(Venue: CICERO, Oslo) Responsible: S. Gilardoni (CNR), R. Modini (PSI) and M. Zanatta (AWI).
Second Circular (PDF 0,2 MB).